Essential Oils are an amazing addition to your daily life. They are natural and extracted from plants. They have so many benefits and above all they smell amazing! Essential oils are most commonly used in the practice of aromatherapy. You can use them in diffuses in the air or rub them into your skin. These are a few of my favorite essential oils and some of their benefits!
Who doesn’t love the scent of lavender. It takes you to a spa-type experience. Lavender oil has many benefits such as:
- Immune boosting
- Helps to heal wounds
- Helps with acne
- Improves sleep ( recommend this before bed, you can massage into your skin, or even use the oil in diffuser)
- Helps with headaches
This is probably my favorite essential oil. The scent can be strong for some. Some may even refer to it as “minty”, but it is definitely freshening to the air. Some of its benefits include:
- Improves respiratory conditions
- Stimulate immune system
- Anti-oxidant protection
- Expectorant and can help with cough.
- Boost mental clarity
- Sinus clearer
- Sore throat reliever
- Muscle pain reliever
This particular essential oil is found in skin care. It helps decrease levels of cortisol (stress hormone) as well as boosting your immune system. Some of its other benefits are as follows
- Stimulates hair growth
- Pain reliever
- Helps as a bug repellent for certain bugs
- Can reduce stress
- Can increase circulation ( recommend massage into legs for better circulation)
This is of the most stimulating oils and there are many studies on its role in our digestive tract.
- Can be used for irritable bowel syndrome
- Helps with headaches
- Relieves muscle aches
- Best essential oil to use when you have a cold. If you mix peppermint oil with eucalyptus oil in coconut oil you can make your own homemade Vapor rub.
- Reduces nausea
- Improves colic symptoms
5. Lemon Oil
This is the most refreshing and energizing scents out there.
- Relieves nausea and morning sickness
- Improves digestion
- Nourishing skin and can help with acne given its anti-oxidant properties by reducing oily skin.
- Anti-microbial properties
These are just a few of my favorite essential oils. I will continue to share my experiences, in the meantime grab some lavender oil and relax this Memorial Weekend!