I am always looking for healthy and yummy snack ideas or how to make my meals more healthy.
Here are some of my healthier snack ideas! Hence where our “Butternut Cheat” (Better not cheat, haha) idea came from.
Healthy Options For Your Main Dish ;
- Craving a good Italian meal but don’t want to deal with the calories. You can always substitute noodles for zucchini noodles. These are a few of my favorite ones.
You can find this at Whole Foods or Target.
If you are a Trader Joes fan the above is a good option too.
- Looking for an alternative for rice, but would like similar texture. Cauliflower rice is a great alternative.
This is a popular one you can grab at Trader Joes.
Riced Cauliflower Stir Fry is also a great new one at Trader Joes !!!! My absolute favorite
Tip : Top your cauliflower rice with grilled fish or chicken
- Craving pizza? Here are some low carb healthy crust options that you can find online or at specific local grocery stores ( Cali’flour FOODS / and / Realgood pizza )
Tip : Top your pizza with lots and lots of veggies of choice
- Taco Tuesday can still be celebrated with lettuce wraps or caulipower tortilla wraps 🙂 woohoo
- Sundays are for Pancakes ! This Keto pancake is high in protein and low in carb and absolutely delicious. Top with a little nut butter of choice and fresh fruit and enjoy. Perfect for a guilt free family breakfast
Tip: drizzle sugar free syrup / keto friendly syrup / or pure organic honey
As for some healthy snack options here are a few of my favorites ;
- Hummus and carrots
- Bitchin sauce is a almond and cashew based sauce and one of my favorites. Perfectly paired with cucumber slices
- Greek yogurt and berries, topped with almond slices
- Celery sticks and nut butters such as Barneys almond butter. I linked the amazon packets for on the go
- Almond packs
- Betty Lou’s Energy Ball Bar is both yummy and has low sugar/carb content. Great for an afternoon pick me up with a cup of coffee/tea. Linked is where you can get it on amazon.
- Dip fresh strawberries into melted low sugar chocolate of your choice
- Skinny Dipped almonds are my favorite! So delicious and guilt free! You can find them almost everywhere these days
- Tosi super bites are great source of protein/omega 3 and fiber and a great snack for on the go
- Cheese! If you are a fan of cheese some of my favorite low fat ones are mozzarella and laughing cow cheese. A great snack to pair with cherry tomatoes or crackers.
- Craving something sweet for dessert, chocolate covered bananas or strawberries are a great option. These dole packs are 100 calories and so good! A must try! You can get them at your local super market. Hope these great snack options will help with your healthy lifestyle goals! I will be back with more ideas in the future! Please share your favorite snacks with us!