Lets Get Healthy
If you know me and follow me on Instagram you know i have a major sweet tooth. It’s always a challenge staying away from sweet’s thats why i have decided not to. Instead i look for ways to substitute ingredients for healthier options. therefore decided to indulge the healthy way with this recipe.
- Almond Flour 1 1/2 cup – 2 cups ( you want the batter to be smooth and thick Not too smooth and Not too thick. if too smooth add more flour id too thick add a little more milk )
- Coconut Flour 5 tbsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar or ( sugar free substitute ) 1/2 cup
- Butter or Oil 1/4 cup
- Eggs 2 ( room temperature)
- Coconut Milk or Almond Milk 3/4 cup
- Cinnamon 1 Tbsp
- Blueberries or Mixed Berries ( optional ) 1 – 2 cups
- Baking powder 1 tbsp
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a parchment paper for a baking pan 9×9 ( Make it work with a similar size if you do not have the size mentioned or make this into muffins )
- Sift the almond flour and coconut flour and add the baking powder + salt + cinnamon into the bowl and mix
- In a separate bowl using a electrical mixer, mix the butter ( or oil) + sugar + eggs+ until smooth. Slowly add the milk and mix.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mix and stir
- Gently fold the blueberries or berries into the batter
- Pour into the pan
- In a bowl mix handful of almond flour cubes of cut up butter ( 1-2 tbsp) + cinnamon 1 tbsp + 1/4 cup brown sugar and MIX with HAND. Sprinkle the topping onto the batter
- Place on the middle rack of your oven for about 60 minutes ( if made into muffins please check on them after 45 min)
- Check the middle with a toothpick and if it comes out clean let the cake cool before cutting into it.