Its almost 4th of july and time to bust out those bbq skills.
What is 4th of july?
4th of july is “Independence Day is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the Declaration of Independence of the United States on July 4, 1776. The Continental Congress declared that the thirteen American colonies were no longer subject to the monarch of Britain and were now united, free, and independent states”.
Many of us get together for bbq and drinks. Here are some Butternut Cheat tips for your special day.
Quick Butternut Cheat Healthy tips:
- Swap your beef hot dog for a turkey dog
- Swap your beef patty for a turkey patty or a veggie patty or a salmon patty from your local grocery store
- Swap your red meat for marinated chicken
- Swap your desserts for fruit with whipped cream
- Swap your chips with healthier options like quest chips
- Swap your fatty fried appetizers with veggies/ cut fruits/ cheese/ deli turkey slices / hummus dip / homemade guac
- Swap the juices for carbonated drinks infused with organic fruit flavors
- Swap the bun for lettuce wrap or bacon wrap
- BBQ some delicious veggies on the side
General Safety Tips To Keep In Mind For 4th Of July:
What does alcohol do to your teeth?
- Staining: weather its because of the chromogens attach to tooth enamel that’s compromised by the acid in alcohol, staining teeth. Or the mixing of liquor with dark sodas or drinking red wine.
- Dryness: either due to the high alcohol in drinks or from dehydration of drinking alcohol.
- Other damages can be due to mix drinks and the added citrus, which may cause a PH level change in the oral cavity.
How to prevent damage:
- Drink lots of water between and all day to help hydrate but also balance the ph and reduce amount of stains
- Use pronamel toothpaste to help strengthen the enamel
- Ask your dental professional for further instructions since every patient is different
- Many pets develop anxiety to the sound of fire works. Keep Your furry babies at home where it is safe with the blinds closed and the tv on . Soothing Music may also help calm your furry babies if left alone on 4th of July.
- Each July 4th, thousands of people, most often children and teens, are injured while using consumer fireworks.
- Despite the dangers of fireworks, few people understand the associated risks – devastating burns, other injuries, fires, and even death. So be super careful where you hangout for fourth of July.
Wishing you all a Happy 4th
Stay Safe !